Become a confident & Yoga Alliance certified yoga teacher in a city ashram setting
To be announced
Integrate the deepest, most authentic practices of yoga into your daily life. Our programs are based on the teachings of our Guru, Shri Brahmananda Sarasvati, Ramamurti S. Mishra, M.D. and his translations and texts that stem from the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Vedas. We immerse you first and foremost in the deep and timeless practices of Yoga in a peaceful ashram setting in the Heart of the city of San Francisco. And from this platform, we guide you into finding your own unique, authentic voice as a teacher of Yoga.
Brahmananda Ashram (Yoga Society of San Francisco) yoga teacher training embraces all the 8 limbs of yoga, as described by The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. With an emphasis on meditation, Sanskrit, Hatha yoga, breath-work and more: students enrolled in this Yoga Alliance certified 200-Hour teacher training are given a holistic approach to living and embodying Yoga as a spiritual practice to be shared with all.
During this training you will:
- Learn how to lead and practice Vedic Fire Ceremony / Agni Hotra and the mystical and practical meanings of all the mantras
- We teach you how to relax under the pressures of everyday life and how to help others do the same
- Learn Yoga directly from Sanskrit texts and translate these teachings into your words so that you may better communicate with your students
- Step into a Journey of I-AM: the ultimate aim of yoga is to ensure that you become who you truly are: a center of moksha, a liberated being
- We provide you proven and powerful templates of Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga sequences that you can use to teach classes suitable for beginners to more athletic practitioners
- You will establish a daily sadhana: a spiritual practice of Yoga that will guide your choices to ensure that you are driven by your Soul and not by the pressures of daily living
- Registered with Yoga Alliance as a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training program
- Discover how to make lifestyle changes and help others do the same
- Your Main Teachers are: Sumukhi Devi, Director; Mahendra Briksha Agarwal, Director; Marcelo Carvalho, Kiranavali and other guest teachers
This is an immersion program with full days of training each day.
$2000 if paid by March 10th, 2019 (On the Occasion of Guru Ji`s Birthday celebration Day)
$2500 March 11th. -May 21 , 2019
$2800 after May 21st, 2019
Payment plan: 8 monthly payments of $400 a month, automatically debited from your account – $3200
Stay at the Ashram
- $30 per night in a dormitory space (during the training dates)
1 month long stays:
- $1200 for a single room (single rooms are not always available, nor guaranteed)
- $1000 for a shared room or dorm space (work exchange possibilities are available)
To register please email email@example.com to receive an application form. Once you are accepted you will need to pay an advance deposit of $200 to confirm your reservation.
The fee is payable in one go or in installments. There are various payment options available like Bank transfer or online via Credit cards, Debit cards or Paypal.
Office Hours: Mon. | Wed. | Fri. 11am – 6pm
This is not a ‘do as I say not as I do’ situation, it is neither hypothetical nor armchair academic spirituality, it is a living practice passed by living practicing individuals.
Gratitude for Sumukhi and Briksha for their ONEderful teachings, a humungous output of energy, patience, brilliance, and commitment. There were so many ONEderful moments to be thankful for:
Three particular moments that stand out are
working together with Angie and Sayra on the first sequence practice. So sweet and meaningful to me. I am touched that I will always have this memory of “how it all began.”
Briksha’s ONEderful story about the King and the Minister…
Sumukhi’s precious voice, music, excellent and inspiring explanations of deeply esoteric subject matter, clear asana teaching, patience, and humor
Thank you to Sumukhi for her guidance and wisdom. Because of her guidance, I have been able to expand my businesses. I gained so much by working with her in yoga and I continue practicing and learning more about Ayurveda.Bryana Iglesias
Sumukhi is an important role model. Her trust and openness are cherished by me.