Embrace the Healing Power of Breathing and Deep Relaxation!
5 Thursday’s series In May
(May 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st from 5:45 pm to 7:15 pm)
Fee: $60 – $75 for Five Thursday’s series, drop in class $20, for any of the Thursdays.
RSVP is required and events happen at Yoga Society of San Francisco
In this 5 Thursday’s series we’ll use the Power of Breathing, Visualization Suggestion and Guided Meditation to explore, learn and practice:
• To connect the healing wisdom of our body, to open our heart and clear our mind
• To cultivate enough energy that moves freely and creatively integrating all dimension of your life, in an open space of consciousness
Along with dialogues and insights on meaning and nature of healing and how to facilitate it, we will journey 12 stages of Healing through Breathwork and Guided Meditation that covers:
• Opening your body and breath by shaking and dancing movements
• Bring your mind back into your body (conscious connected gentle rebirthing breathwork)
• Open Connect and Feel your body and see Anatomical details of your body
• See your body as a galaxy like made up of infinite individual cells full of light
• See each cell as vast as Universe and filled with healing energy
• Bring healing in your body with waves of light and energy
• Breathing in three centers, Head and Heart and Gut
• Chanting healing Sounds to awaken healing energy
• Smile meditation
• Share the healing waves with others
• Protect yourself with healing Aura
• Rest in Oneness with the healing Experience (feel the presence of inner healer as I AM)
• Ecstatic breathing to develop your capacity enjoy free from stress, worry, and concern of tomorrow
Main Purpose of this course is to:
• Become aware of your body, heart, and mind and be integrated whole being
• Increase energy, vitality, and wellness
• Create loving acceptance towards your body and life
To register or if you have questions please contact Briksha at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call: 415.503.7802
Brothers and Sisters!
Let’s get together to share our beauty and joy,
celebrate our existence, heal our wounds,
reveal our gifts, connect with the web of life,
and create peace & light for the world.
Bring your drums, rattles and
other creative or music objects.
Come with an open heart!
Tuesday, May 29th
6:00 – 7:00 pm
Yoga Society of San Francisco
2872 Folsom Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Led by Vedantin/Gabriella and Friends
Asana Alignment and Adjustment Workshop with Sasi
Day: Saturday, June 2nd, 2018
Time: 11am to 2:15 pm
Location: YSSF yoga room
$35 for ashram Yoga Teacher Training students and ashram residents
$45 for outside students
Pay at the door (cash or check) or pre-register via Paypal: email@example.com
Familiarize participants with the three planes of motion – Sagittal, Transverse or axial, and Coronal or Lateral – and their relationship to proprioception during Asana practice.
Explaining the importance of establishing the anchoring points of the axes of rotation, and aligning and orienting one’s stances and movements according to these axes. Finding the yin/yang balance.
Teaching mindful, technically correct adjustments with a sensitivity of the human anatomy, while applying acupressure techniques during contact and adjustment of students. Also learning to shadow students in positioning one’s body with respect to the students’ during adjustments.
Ian Sasi Mair has practiced yoga for over 40 years, and has been teaching for more than 25 years. His asana practices have included, Astanga vinyasa, Bikram yoga and a variety of vinyasa practices. He counts among his asana teachers Richard Freeman, Duncan Wong and Dharma Mitra, as well as other influential, but less well known teachers. He brings to his yoga practice and teaching wisdom gathered from study of Traditional Chinese medicine. He has taught yoga in China for more than 12 years. He is well steeped in Eastern spiritual philosophies including Tantra, Yoga, Buddhist and Taoist teachings. The wisdom of his guru, Shri Brahmananda Saraswati is the foundation of his yoga life, practice and teaching.
The Art of Managing Stress &
Mastering Resilience to Live a Creative and Peaceful Life!
Breathwork, Yoga Nidra, and Meditation with Mahendra Briksha
Saturday, Jun 16, 2018
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Fee: $30 early bird, $45 day of the event
RSVP is absolutely required: Register here.
Using the power of breath, deep relaxation, visualization, and meditation, we will explore the nature and origin of stress. We will discover how stress affects our life force and hence wellness, how to reduce it, and how to develop resilience to cope with stress. These strategies will allow us to create more spaciousness, energy, strength, and flexibility in our bodies, hearts, and minds.
In addition to discussing the above topics, we will practice:
~ Very simple, slow movements to open and release tension in the body
~ Various types of deep breathing exercises
~ Relaxation techniques
~ Guided visualizations and meditations